Pages

.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday, Monday.

I've never really liked Mondays. It used to be because that meant going back to class for the entire day after enjoying the weekend. These days, I don't like Mondays because everyone is at work...and I'm not! :)

It is not easy for me to enjoy being home right now. I'm a little tired of some maintenance issues in our apartment and am too ready to move to care to clean. Plus, when I do clean I feel like it just gets messed up as soon as it'd tidy! I blame that on Brian. :)

I still have this overwhelming desire to want to panic at the fact that I still don't have a job waiting on me when we move. My flesh wants to cry and panic and basically just throw a fit, but I still feel so confident that God is putting all the details together. In His time, He will reveal the plans. I know that. I really do.

Brian is well on his way to starting his M.Div at Mid-America. Our current pastor, Bro. Jeff, was once a missionary in Zimbabwe along with one of the professors on staff at Mid-America. He gave him a call the other day and Brian was able to talk to him and tell him some of our needs as far as jobs, scholarships, etc. He was so helpful and even asked us to come visit sometime and stay with him if need be. I just felt that that was God's way of saying "See, you little worry wart? I've got it all under control." :)

So that's where I am today...just learning to trust God's timing and will for our lives. I haven't realized until recently just how much I allow worry to control me. Instead of giving it all to God, I just sit and chew and chew on things that really have no significance in the Kingdom. Instead of chewing these days, I'm working on committing my worries and concerns to God through prayer and doing my best to simply forget about my troubles and rely on His might. It's not easy, but it sure has been an interesting lesson.

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. -- Hebrews 4:16

1 comment:

  1. I completely relate to your post, LL. The hardest thing for me is to trust that God will provide when I am or Tyler is without a job. I will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete