Pages

.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Two. [2]

It's 9:55 AM. Two years ago on this date and at this time, I was in the car with my bridesmaids on the way to the church to get my hair done, slip (squeeze) into the dress I had waited months to wear, and wait anxiously marry the boy that when I met a year and a half earlier, never expected to fall in love with.

I have so many precious memories from that day: surrounded by friends, crying when I hugged my Mom and Dad, my best friend Lindsay holding my dress while I was on the toilet (true friend), and skipping down the aisle after we said "I do."

But none of those memories can compare to the two years since. Every day has been an adventure. There have been moments of sheer bliss, times I thought we'd pull each other's hair out, insane fits of laughter, and sometimes comfortable moments of silence in which neither one of us has to say anything.

No matter the moment, I've never forgotten how blessed I am to be married to THIS guy.

So yep. I'm a pretty happy girl. And I've got some celebrating to do - in true Brian and Laura Leigh fashion. Don't be surprised if I tell you that Taco Bell was involved. We don't act fancy for fancy's sake. We act like us - and that's why every day continues to be genuine and adventurous.

Happy August 8, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! This is why we're good couple friends. Our daily marital lives are just plain fun. ;) I am so thankful that I was able to be at your wedding (even though August 8 is now completely booked for birthday and anniversary wishes). :)

    ReplyDelete