Pages

.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I think it's good to be real.

I'll be honest. I have had one crappy day. It started with a terrible morning, moved to an awful afternoon, and now is a sorry night.

I don't intend to write a long post and complain about one thing to the next. I just have to be honest with those of you reading. I have had a bad day. The kind where you think you're done crying and then the next thing you know...

Let me go ahead and say that I don't doubt God's faithfulness one bit. He has brought me through more trials than I ever thought was possible. I'm just at one of those moments where I think, "Okay, God. I trust that You have a plan in all of this, but I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be DOING about it." I don't know whether I'm supposed to be sitting patiently or actively moving to supplement whatever He's got going on.

On top of that, to put it mildly: "My cup runneth over." -- I literally have so many things on my plate right now that I'm at the point that I really need a break. I'm hoping to get to my parents' house for a few days to rest and forget about things going on here.

I'm anxious and nervous and I know that's not going to solve my problems. But, I am human. So it's a tough battle.

I wish the phone would ring with good news -- like someone offering their lakehouse/condo for a few days. Ha!

And in all of this, I am reminded of my grandmother's favorite catch phrase: "This, too, shall pass."

1 comment:

  1. Oh Laura Leigh! Those days are so hard, so full of all sorts of emotions! I know that it passes, but I also know how intense they can be. Those are my really bad days, when all I do is eat chocolate and drink sodas. Hoping that your days are getting easier! Sending love...and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete