Pages

.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

His eye is on the sparrow...

You know, there are just things going on in my life right now that I'm not against sharing. I simply just don't want to hash it all out and risk throwing a pity party too many.

I will just say that I've never been more calm in a season of chaos and confusion. According to the world, I have every reason to pull my hair out and throw up my white flag. According to the enemy, I should quit.

But everyday, God reminds me of His faithfulness. Through a kind word from a friend, through a text from a best friend, through the confidence of my outstanding husband who seems to be growing more and more in tune with Christ each day....God reminds me of who He is.

And it's funny the way He works. A few years ago, I developed this weird thing with birds. I started collecting artsy bird trinkets, jewelry, pictures, etc. I didn't know why. When Brian and I were dating, I had him make a decal for my car - a sparrow. At that time, I had discovered Matthew 10: 29-31 which says:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows"

That kinda became my life verse. It sprung up out of this weird obsession with birds. This past Christmas, my mother-in-law bought me a sparrow necklace that I wear EVERY SINGLE DAY. Over the past few months, as Brian and I have journeyed through this season of fogginess (I won't say darkness because God has been with us every step of the way) - whenever I've started to fret and worry about where our life is headed, I grab that necklace and am calmly reminded of those verses. If God cares for such a small creature, how much more will He take care of me?

I really don't believe God will reward doubt and worry. So whenever I feel the Enemy attempting to strike up a chord of anxiety within my soul, I remind myself that my God is faithful. He has brought me this far. He has blessed us exponentially - way more than we ever expected. I know He's not finished with me yet.

I simply have to trust God. If He says go, I'll go. No matter what. Yes, I am prepared for the "no matter whats". I may bite my tongue on that statement one day, but I'll always remember that God is faithful. His plans are to prosper me, not to harm me.

A HOPE and a FUTURE.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, girl! I know it's been tough, but you are so right. God's mercies, His lovingkidness, are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete