"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
I consider myself a person of faith. Not just faith, but a follower of Christ. If asked, I would tell you that my faith and relationship with Christ are the two most important factors of my life and who I am today.
The problem, however, lies in the day to day. You see, the Lord blessed me with a lot in life but one thing I think I may have missed out on is discipline. All you have to do is step into my apartment and you'll quickly see that to be true. You'll find hints of one who really desires to have a spotless and perfect abode, but just can't get it done.
Perhaps what I should say is - I'm lazy. And this shows in a lot of areas in my life. Throughout college, I maintained good grades - mostly As. The classes I made Bs in were the ones that I didn't try hard enough. I did enough to get by. I do enough to get by with a good many things in life, unfortunately...one of those being my relationship with Christ. That's where this blog comes in.
No, I don't plan to chronicle my personal musings with God. I don't want to rant on the far right issues to side with extremist Christians and Republicans. I simply want accountability. I feel that writing in this blog will allow me to do just that. It's a chronicle, if you will, of my journey from lazy to disciplined. From good to great. From complacency to passion.
I want this to be a kickstart to a lifestyle of living, breathing, and doing all for Christ. So often I let myself fall and stumble because of those around me or exceptions I want to make. I never want to be in-your-face about God but I sometimes allow that to make me silent on the issue.
Hopefully this blog will allow keep me accountable. One blog a week. I know, that seems pretty...small...but that is a HUGE step for someone who only writes in her personal journal once every 11 months or so (not on purpose, either). I'm not doing this for followers. I'm not doing this for recognition. I'm doing this for me.
...and if I happen to have an inspiring word every now and then...well so be it.

No comments:
Post a Comment