Pages

.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Half a year...

...and we're still here!

Man. It seems like that it was just yesterday that THIS happened:
Poor kid. It was this picture that made me worry that perhaps Jacob was going to be not so photogenic, much like his mama. I mean, in his defense he HAD just made quite a traumatic and yucky journey. But luckily for him, his looks improved.
I've pretty much been head over heels in love with this baby since day one.

This kid has grown and changed at an incredibly fast rate. People always told me that their children seemed to grow up overnight and now, I believe that can be true. 
Take a look: Jacob at 1 week, 1 month, and (skipping ahead a bit) 6 months (will have a monthly comparison photo to post as soon as his daddy, AHEM, puts it together):


Good grief.

At SIX MONTHS OLD, Jacob is quite an entertainer. Here's what we know he loves:


  • His daddy: Oh mylanta. Anything that Brian does is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS, to Jacob that is. If I've got a not-so-fun task to do (like suctioning Jacob's nose), I'll call Brian in because goodness knows that kid isn't going to show out for his Daddy. It's simultaneously cute and sickening
  • Elmo: Yeah. That's right. Our kid has learned that Elmo is awesome. I'll admit, I was afraid of the affinity-developing stage because I know whatever Jacob likes to watch means we get stuck with. But I'm cool with Elmo. He's cute. And he makes some pretty witty jokes for a 3 year old.
  • EATING: You know, pediatricians will tell you that when your baby is full, he'll stop eating or refuse food. Nuh-uh. Not this kid. At 6 months old, he has a cereal and fruit each morning as well as a vegetable and fruit (or something we're eating) at night along with 6-7 feeds during the day. And he eats every single bit of it. I think I could keep offering and the kid would keep eating. He thinks food is fun and it's been fun watching him try things like avocado, bananas, and even a (very, very small) bite of a pickle. It's anything goes with him. His favorite foods though are squash and bananas.
  • "Talking": He gets it honest, folks. Our little man babbles from the moment he's awake until we lay him down for the night. 
  • Crawling: It's the funniest thing. The kid has shown zero interest in sitting up on his own. In fact, he's not good at it at all. But he can army-crawl like nobody's business. He's a fast little guy. Turn your back for one second and he's chewing on the dog's toys or underneath the Christmas tree, reaching out for an ornament taste-test.
I knew babies were fun, but I didn't know they were THIS much fun. Seriously. Every single moment - even the challenging ones (GROWTH SPURTS) have been absolutely worth it. This kid has shown a personality from an early age and it just keeps getting better.







Happy 6 months in the world, Jacob. 
You sure did make ours better the day you arrived.  



No comments:

Post a Comment