Pages

.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Wrapping it all up.

Well, I suppose since I haven't written a post in...forever...that I might as well jot a few thoughts down while I'm still pregnant.

Truth be told, I felt an urgency to do so. Tonight I am experiencing a myriad of feelings. I've tried describing it to a friend of mine as best as I know how but I cannot truly express what I'm feeling. As I told her, it's almost as if my spirit is eerily calm and reassuring me that my baby boy is coming fast and soon. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for a sign and all of a sudden, I have this peace that he is but a few short moments from my arms.

At the same time, I am so physically psyched that I can hardly stay still. We came in from dinner tonight and without even thinking about it, I just started cleaning every inch of our apartment. I scrubbed toilets, mirrors, and sinks. I emptied the dishwasher and put in a new load. I cleaned the counter tops. I threw out trash. I organized bottles and boxes of baby stuff that Jacob won't use immediately. I set out the coffee for my parents when they come to stay while we are in the hospital. I organized the pantry. I wiped down coffee tables. And... I THOUGHT ABOUT cleaning out the refrigerator, but figured I'd let Mom have a go at that when she comes to stay that first week. Some things are just a bit TOO much, ya know. :)

I don't know. Tonight I just feel...different. Maybe this doesn't mean he's coming within the next few hours (I WISH I WISH I WISH). But perhaps it means that I have finally accepted the fact that he's coming on his own time - and it will be the PERFECT time. I'm still believing God will deliver this child to us naturally, rather than by induction. But even if that isn't the case, I've got one week until this blessing - this instrument of God's redemption in grief - is HERE. In a matter of days, our lives will change for eternity. I am overwhelmed with excitement and shockingly peaceful about it all at the same time.

Thanks be to God for His good gifts.

1 comment:

  1. I'm constantly checking all your social media pages in hopes that Jacob will be here. :) Praying for you friend. I will definitely be finding a way to see you and baby Jacob before I ship out. And I plan on bringing my camera with me. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete