Pages

.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ups and Downs

I can tell you for a fact that I am angry with God. I love Him. I am thankful for all He has done for us. But I am so mad with Him right now.

Here we are, a week out from moving, and no job. Nothing. I listened to Him when I turned down my job here and $36k a year. I heard Him saying "Don't take it. This isn't right. This isn't what I want for you." I nearly took it anyway. I almost willingly did something He told me not to. But in a broken moment, I said "Ok, God. You win." I wanted what HE wanted for us. I had been fighting going to seminary tooth and nail. I didn't want that. Not right now at least. But I was faithful.

I've been holding on to the hope of Him providing for two months now. One interview and two job opportunities that slipped by before I could interview later, NOTHING. I have applied to countless jobs of all sorts. I want to point my finger to the heavens and yell at Him. "You haven't kept your promise!" But when I do, I just feel Him telling me to have faith. He has provided our needs for this first month. We will be fed, have shelter, power, etc. But I just want to know if He knows about NEXT month. And the next. And the next. And the next.

If I was faithful, God, then why haven't you kept Your promise? I love Christ with every fiber of my being, but I feel like I am getting the short end of the stick.

1 comment:

  1. I am not gonna lie. This post sounds just like us last August/September... I know that probably doesn't encourage you nearly as much as a job would, but He was/is/will be faithful. Don't lose heart!

    ReplyDelete